Thursday, August 23, 2012

Team Member: Jessica Babbes - Virginia Beach Rock 'N' Roll Half Marathon


Team Hope For The Warriors® Profile: Jessica Babbes

Team Hope For The Warriors® Member Since: 2012

Hometown: Pleasanton ,CA

Occupation: United States Army Officer

Hobbies:  “I love all sports! I also like playing cards and board games.”

Alma Matter:  Soon to be Ashford University! She graduates this October with a Bachelor's degree in   Organizational Management.  She hopes to start working on her Master's in Childhood Education soon.

Footprints:
        March to the Arch Half Marathon, St. Louis  (2007)  
        Army Ten-Miler (2007, 2009 and 2010)
        Numerous 5K’s

Have You Always Been A Runner?
“I didn’t run much until I joined the Army right out of high school, (laughs) they kind of turn you into a runner.”

How Did You Hear About Team Hope For The Warriors®?
“I am running in the Virginia Beach Rock ‘N’ Roll Half Marathon and while looking under their preferred charity partners, I found Team Hope For The Warriors.”

What Made You Become Part Of Team Hope For The Warriors ®?
“I became part of the Team because of what Hope For The Warriors® does and because of the love and support they give to military members and their families. After becoming a Team member and reading the great stories about Hope For The Warriors®, I decided to write a paper on the organization to get the word out.”








No comments:

Post a Comment