Friday, August 10, 2012

Team Member: Greg Wiercinski - 5th Avenue Mile


As a member of Team Hope For The Warriors®, Greg is running this year's NYRR 5th Avenue Mile Race while raising funds for Hope For The Warriors®.  

He has a challenge for YOU!

Donate $25 or more towards his fundraising goal and predict his official race time.  If you get the correct time to the second, you will win a Hope For The Warriors® polo shirt.

To help you, we are giving you some of their racing stats below.


Team Hope For The Warriors® Profile: Greg Wiercinski
Hope For The Warriors® Volunteer Since: 2010
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Alma Matter: University of Notre Dame ‘97
            New York University ‘03
Footprints:
            •           Captain of high school cross country and track teams
            •           Ran under legendary coach John Sharp
            •           Member of two nationally ranked cross country teams
            •           Fastest Mile: 4:50 (high school)
            •           Fastest Mile after the age of 30:  5:18
            •           Fastest 5K: 17:35 (high school)
            •           Fastest 5K after the age of 30:  18:25
            •           Fastest Half Marathon:   1:29 (Philadelphia 2010)
            •           Fastest Marathon: 3:19 (NYC 2010, Team Hope for the
                         Warriors®)

How Did You Hear About Team Hope For The Warriors®?
“I first joined Hope For The Warriors® in 2010 when I didn’t get into the NYC Marathon lottery.  I researched the charity list and Hope for the Warriors® stood out to me.  I have had many family members and friends serve in the military and Hope for the Warriors® is such a great organization to support our brave men and women in the military.”

What Has Been Your Most Memorable Moment As A Team Member?
“My favorite moment in the 2010 NYC Marathon occurred when I ran by a fellow Hope For The Warriors® Teammate in a wheelchair who was struggling.  As I passed him, I gave him some words of encouragement.  He let out a scream and yelled, “Go Get ‘Em!”  It sent chills up my spine and was an inspiration to me.”……..“On a side note, at 2010 at the marathon, I met a fellow Hope For The Warriors® teammate named Loni Lichtman.  We struck up a friendship and then the relationship grew over the next few months.  She will be my future wife.”



Please Click Here  to help Greg meet his fundraising goal and join us in our mission to restore self, family and hope to wounded service members and military families.

No comments:

Post a Comment